Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
anewpage

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Its been 3 days since i decided to quit drinking, but im already trying to convince myself that i dont actually have a problem with booze. Im already telling myself i dont need to cut this out of my life, i dont crave it, im not addicted. Already telling myself that i can have just a few and be fine. Already telling myself im not like everyone else on SR, i just joined in a moment of weakness, i dont have a dependancy on alcohol. Im not as far down the rabbit hole as a lot of the posts im reading...yet

This is my weekly mechanism, by Friday i will be full fledged weekend warrior mode, i need to break this habit of mentally convincing myself im invincible...
This is my usual pattern too, every time I try to stop drinking. My inner alcoholic voice starts whispering things to me... "you're not really an alcoholic... you can control your drinking... just have one and then you'll feel better.." etc. Every single time I have given in, I've ended up at the same place. Finishing a bottle of vodka, crying myself to sleep and hating myself the next day. So I'm working on not listening to that voice. In fact, telling that voice to get lost. Good luck!