View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by kiki1988 View Post
I'm going to sit down this evening and plan activities for every day of my trip, so I don't get bored etc. My dad is in the programme and I know he'll be encouraging me to continue with meetings daily, which will help.

At the hotel, I'm going to get them to clear the mini-bar. I'm going to call some of my female friends during the week to explain to them that I have quit drinking and not to put pressure on me about it - and to pass the message to their boyfriends.

As far as I know, there is a sum total of one other non-drinker going to the wedding, so I guess I will try to hang out with him a bit. I have looked up AA meetings in the city I'm going to be in, so I'll be going to them while I'm there too.
Kiki, this is an awesome plan you are making, and it is a great predictor of your success. Remember that you have asked yourself about continuing to drink, and you have made your decision. You don't have to consider drinking again, that question has been asked and answered. You are planning to do things that non-drinkers do, and if you wish to be one of them, then this only makes sense.

I believe in you, Kiki, and I believe you've got this one. This makes you a certified badass btw. Well done.