Thread: Suboxone
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
WNY Addict
Just For Today

Originally Posted by shestruggles
WNY: I will not argue with you over whether or not I need alprazolam; you know what's right for you, I know what is right for me.. There was no instant wall of aprehension, I just didn't feel the need to provide you with my complete medical history, although you can find find some of in in my other posts.
I have been through other anti-anxiety meds and they have not helped. My anxiety disorder was well documented way before I tried my first opiate. I have lost close family members whose anxiety and agrophobia overtook thier lives. I very am well educated on the origins of my anxiety, both physiolgically and pyscholgically, I am very knowledgable about (and compentent in) non-medical coping techniques, and...to be honest with you, I don't feel like finishing this post. Why am I defending myself????
You are free to express your opinion on MY condition,as uninformed as it is...

I started this thread to find some information and experiences with Suboxone. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Take Care!
I'm not arguing with you, shestruggles, but you seem to be taking it defensively.

All I've done is share my experience with you as someone who had panic attacks that led to blackouts... was on 6mg of xanax a day... and someone who also abused opiates. I myself didn't experience anxiety when I was in the bowels of opiate abuse. I was too numb to feel anything. You have a plan, and you're going to go through with your plan.

I wish you well in your venture.