View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello Ms Norty!

So happy to read such happiness coming across the board from you! There are all sorts of one room places in town people rent here. Lots of people are doing the down sizing thing. Not because they have to, but because they want to! So enjoy your new home and that view you have! And thank goodness you are getting the hell out of that house! I worried about you being there!

As for bed bugs? We were given a couch, loveseat and bed that had them. The furniture was only one year old and in great condition. We brought them home to the back porch. Mixed up a sprayer full of 30% Permethrin and sprayed them down. We left them on the porch to dry. Anything that had been living before getting sprayed? Were dead dead dead afterwards! We took the shopvac and did a good vacuuming on the furniture. Ran a wet/soapy cloth over it and brought them in. Haven't had NO problems with bugs in the last six years from the furniture either. Permethrin is some wicked stuff. We use it a lot around here. That's my solution to bugs of any kind!

The mosquitos here aren't very large, but they damned sure are in TX! And they are some blood suckers from hell. Had to put up with them for two weeks while camping out in the woods with the Army!

About us ladies here needing some excitement in our lives! Girl friend? How fast you forget I spent 23 years in the Army! I'm enjoying the heck out of my laid back time now. LOL I also do a walk around the dark yard in the wee morning hours checking things out.

TOD