Thread: First Step
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ccam1973

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Make no mistake - most ( if not all of us ) had to come to the exact same conclusion, and it's certainly not an easy thing to do. It is a massive releif though to not have to worry ( or eventually even think about ) drinking on a daily basis. And you can absolutely do this if you truly want it.
Couldn't have said it more clearly myself... This could be one of the toughest decisions you will ever have to make, but the outcome is worth it. I spent 20 years drinking heavily, daily. My wife never thought I had a problem and I was always a good father to my kids. I knew I was killing myself and I could be a better husband and dad. Spent 9 months sober last year; extremely tough in the beginning but got easier as time passed. I loved life again. No anxiety of drinking, no planning every minute around drinking, no wasted time or money on drinking... I was just a better person.

Thought I could moderate it before the holidays last year. Worst decision I ever made. Now I'm back on day 8. First five days were terrible but now it is getting much easier and I am once again re-claiming my life.

Good luck, you can do this. Everyone here at SR is extremely supportive; through all of the ups and downs! Glad you found the site and reached out.