Thread: online AA??
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mango blast

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/electronic-meetings

I've only attended a couple online meetings. For me, they're not nearly as effective as in person. Each local group that I've gone to has been very different from each other. I use the word local loosely as I live 1-2 hours away from them. I haven't been actively looking for a sponsor yet. It's hard enough figuring that out in person for me. I think I'd have a much harder time electronically without getting to know them first.

I also am in need of that human person to person interaction. I need to be able to see people, talk to them and hold their hands. It's the little things that have meant a lot to me.

The cheating accusations are horrible. My husband will rarely say something about me having a boyfriend... like if I'm heading to town or on the phone. It's usually years between saying that, but I hate it. It's not in a fun way; it's his insecurities and there is no reason for them. I've finally realized how passive-aggressive and controlling that feels to me. I've been working my end on the emotional abuse. A few days ago he asked if I was talking to my boyfriend when I was on the telephone. I've spoken up about it before, but this was the first time I was able to say unemotionally how hurtful that is and I don't like it when he says that. He apologized, and thanks to him being sober and also the work he's been doing, I think he gets it now. If not, as SK says, that is his problem to work out.

How do you feel about this when your husband accuses you of cheating? How will giving in to him on this change anything? Just questions for to think. (((hugs)))