View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey guys,
We've had a tough couple of weeks, but all is looking up now we hope. Our niece's daughter, a smart and beautiful 10y/o, was thrown from her horse as it ran out of control and jumped the tall fence. She was dashed on a metal fence post and one of her eye sockets was crushed, teeth knocked out, both sides of her jaw shattered. It took several days to get her stabilized. They originally thought she had a broken neck to as one of her cervical vertebrae was sticking out the wrong way. We had visions of her paralyzed. The vertebrae was out of place and they manipulated it back into place and she is now stable. But the muscles and tendons that hold the neck together on that side are cut and torn. Today we found out that she will not lose the sight of that eye, and that she will not be paralyzed. I am happy she made it. She was spared, everything else that is fixed is lagniappe as we say down here. She is the one in the family I help with computers and tablets as gifts, and getting her acquainted with HTML and music. I hope they can reconstruct it all on the outside. She is smart enough to help reconstruct the damage inside with the help of her family. She made it, against the odds. Thank goodness the worst is behind her. Sometimes the good don't die young.

On a lighter note, Venus, good reminder of the start of this thread almost four years ago. I posted early warning everyone that I would join them in four months when I had my first year here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3112777
Some are no longer here for whatever reason.

RZ, I did read your PC comment. But see they were on the lookout for us underage with fake IDs. White Plains wasn't really looking for us. Did you ever go To Vic Tracy's right off the interstate with the black lights and the filthy interior?

Guys sorry not to answer your kind comments individually but I am beat. Trying to catch up while my back is not giving me so much grief. With the low dose of Flexeril X3 and my Naproxin X2 I can do more than the last six months if careful. I am consulting with Laser Spine Institute of America and have some more tests this week and then things will slow down. I may have lots of time if I am right for their minimally invasive procedures.

You guys that ARE still here in the overs are a comfort. Thanks ALL!