View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Amazingglazier

Originally Posted by MitchMatch View Post
I never really thought about it until right now, but my parents are definitely living vicariously through me and that makes me kinda mad. I have been driven to overindulge because I feel that it is almost expected of me. I need to focus on making myself a better person and stop being concerned with being altered all of the time. Two days ago I was a straight up druggie and then some sort of switch flipped in my head, I feel like a new person and I've never been happier.
Mitch, I am so glad you have come to this realization at this early stage of adulthood, I truly wish I had done the same in my life! It would hae spared me lots of pain, I wish you none of what I went through my friend. Just a note for you, the time effort and money I have spent to get out of trouble in my life, would take at least double of your years, don't put yourself through all of that! I wish that the courts would have hit me as hard in 1985, when I got my 1st DWI, as they did in Feb 2014 for my last one that I got in 2011. Maybe I would have had a much more promising life without all the problems. But you my friend will find a much more rewarding and promising life going forward from this time if you let the alcohol and drugs go! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby