View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fishin4serenity

Struggling with sobriety.....

Hello All,

My first post here. I have been sober, at least that is what I tell everybody, since September 2012. I have been working at this sobriety thing for over 2 years now. After a DUI and accident in September 2012, I have been working really hard at maintaining my sobriety. I have an AA sponsor, am working the steps, and attend at least 3 AA meetings a week. Had a couple relapes in November 2012, which I told nobody about, and got back on the wagon. I had a solid year of total abstenice, and then began to have an occassinal buzz on alcohol. Now I am in for 20 months and have begun to have a weekly drinking episod. I am slowly begun to let it get out of control amd my wife has asked me a few times lately "have you been drinking"? Of course I denied it totally. I feel I am slipping back into my past lifestyle and don't know what to do. I know I am an alcoholic and can't stop the urges. The lies are starting to chatch upo with me and I just can't control my thoughts. Feel like I am going crazy. Any thoughts? Please help this desperate alcoholic.....