View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
notonmygame

Thanks

I appreciate your thoughts and your time taken to reply.

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Hi notonmygame, welcome to SR. What you have done with all the changes is awesome! Very smart moves. My problem substance is alcohol and I've never been a weed smoker other than trying it maybe 5-6 times in total, but know enough people who have had issues with it.

I would really recommend NOT reversing the phone number etc changes. You are also not alone with social media being a trigger, I've heard this from quite a few others. For me it wasn't Facebook but a "secret" email address that I used with a person with whom I was very deeply and intimately bound with in addiction. I could never quit booze and my crazy lifestyle as long as I kept in touch with that person, and I did try for years. Long story, but finally I had to completely cut connection with him, changed my email address, erased from my computer any trace leading to our private connection, etc. I thought I would go insane for months but kept to it. Unfortunately only took care of the alcohol problem a couple years later - it would have been better to be done with the whole complex earlier.

It's also great that you sought help and made an appointment. If you find it helpful, I would suggest that you keep going for a while.

There are a few people here on SR who are trying to quit weed - look around.

Good luck