Thread: Mom's situation
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Misc72

Mom's situation

I posted a few weeks ago about my mom's drinking. I'm only 5 months sober myself and loving every minute of it. Mom is a heavy closet drinker. She works hard, six days a week at 57 years old and is raising her grandson who is 16. She barely makes enough to scrape by. Now, her job is ending end of May and her rent is going up significantly. I don't know what to do if I should do anything? I can't exactly move her in with her drinking habit. I can't stand her when she drinks. I blame her drinking on her situation because that is all she does in her time off of work. Her grandson, my nephew is now drinking and smoking pot and failing out of high school. He is on his 2nd year of 9th grade and making all F's. I don't want to disrupt my 12 year old son and my 2 years of marriage by moving all of that crap into my home. I want to help but I don't know how? Any advice please would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to see mom go homeless but at the same time don't we all have to hit our own bottom?