View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jennyv

difficult times.

Hello,

I have been married to my husband for almost 10 years. I have put up with his drinking, his laziness, his lies, his selfishness, etc. for far too long. 2 years ago, I told him that I wanted a separation. We worked things out and he convinced me to stay. But nothing changed. A couple of weeks ago, we had a minor argument. He got mad and went and filed for divorce. I'm crushed. I'm in shock. He's leaving me??? Seriously?? I don't want the marriage that we have had, but I don't want to be divorced either. I took my vows seriously, for better or worse. I've definitely had more years of "worse" I have sacrificed so much for this man. I have learned to lie to people, I have learned to live with disappointment, I have lost friends because I have been unable to keep appointments. Never knowing if or when he's coming home. I suppose I should be grateful.. I can finally be free from the emotional and verbal abuse. Part of me just wishes that he would have been strong enough to pick me and our daughter over alcohol. I feel so rejected. Like he tells me all the time, nothing I do is right. Now I feel like the world knows that nothing I have done was right. I'm sad for the loss of my future.I'm sad about my daughter's feelings. I just can't believe he wants to leave me. It just doesn't make any sense to me right now.

Any thoughts?