Old 04-26-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dynarider1233

ScoobyWoo,

I know the feeling completely. I have anxiety issues and to some form it is socially related. I am a very happy and social person when I go out and meet many people, but my anxiety stems from my work in the military. I don't like the type of people I work with and it has cause me to develop a serious problem at times with panic attacks. I too myself went to AA meeting where I was usually the youngest person there and I was 27! At first I thought I didn't belong I was too young but then realized that all the age and sobriety in the room would benefit me more than going to a "hip" young person meeting. Ive been to those while I was in treatment and it never fails to realize that those young meetings are a "social gathering" and not so much for sobriety. And sobriety is what we need. Too much drama breaks out with the young people with immature officers and speakers who are typically the "cool kids" of the group. Hang in there. Do what's best for you but give those old salts a chance. The old people meeting eventually became my home group and I refer to some of the men and women there as aunts and uncles now.