Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vf1891 View Post
It does take up a lot of time for drinking and keeping alcohol in stock. I had switched to box wine for economy's sake. The high alcohol craft beer allowed a more efficient buzz. I would have to purchase alcohol 2-3 times a week.

My 15 year old has started to think drinking is cool. He has not said anything about me not drinking. I wonder if he has noticed.
Planning your drinking to get a more efficient "buzz" is definitely a red flag too just in case you hadn't figured that out already.

Regarding your kids, they notice everything - and they know a LOT more than we ever give them credit for. By 15 I was already hitting drinking parties after football games, before dances at school, etc. If alcohol is "cool" around the house ( which it definitely was when I was growing up ), it's going to be cool anywhere. I'm not suggesting your kids can't make their own choices or that my dad drinking caused me to become an alcoholic, but it's pretty hard to tell someone they shoudln't be drinking when you have a beer in your hand, right?