View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by gettingbetter64 View Post
I feel pathetic even writing this,I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't exactly been sober and I'm embarrassed to even post this. I know if I continue drinking I will get a DUI or DWI or worse. I broke the screen on my phone on Tuesday due to drinking. I've been a daily drinking for about 5-6 years, I have gone to AA a handful of times but I would always get so nervous I would leave. I've heard AA working for so many different people so maybe I should give it another try. I eventually give in and drink for every excuse you get think of, the biggest one is sadness and loneliness and feeling like I deserve a drink. I apologize for the rant I know I could be trying harder to not drink I feel so much hate towards myself because of my alcoholism. I really don't have any support around me, no one knows how bad my drinking has become. This is my day 2, I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time by posting because I keep on drinking and I don't want to trigger anyone. I just felt like it was needed.

You are showing that you truly want to quit and that is huge in itself. You are not pathetic at all and you should never think that, you are like most of us and just want to change your life for the better.
Keep posting and keep strong.