View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
LDT

How ya feeling today DG? Did my soup help?

MB, congrats on the driver's license. Now come drive over here to see me. I promise to make it worth your effort. Thanks for the reminder about first steps. They are always the hardest.

V...lovely story about how your parents met and continued to love for over 60 years. It made me sigh. .... Have you ever seen that movie 'War of the Roses' with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas? That's MY parents for over 60 years ..... Charming!

Ok..... so I do love "Pogie Plants"..... Or fish processing plants..... The reason for that is because I use to live on a salt water lake that was fed by the Gulf of Mexico . We literally would fish, shrimp, and crab for our food ( not always, but a lot ). When we would go to fish in the Gulf we would pass by this Pogie plant and the smell would practically knock you out of the boat. But it always made me happy because it was a sign we were almost in open waters, where all manner of gorgeous fish were waiting for us...... So my love of the Pogie plants is just because it's one big fat TRIGGER! And we all know how powerful triggers can be, right? . To this day, that smell anywhere makes me smile.

Happy Friday folks!