View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

I want daily episode of LTDs FUN FACTS! can I suggest the topic for the one after ' the yummy aroma of processing fish' ... 'Downward dog and flatulence frequency, my experiences in public' ?

VC you are spot on honey. Basically Estuary English is the attempt to remove as many consonants from a word as possible with out rendering it unintelligible to another EE speaker (EE being unintelligible to most of the rest of the planet anyway)

Jeni, I have an ear for accents, I was a great mimic when I was younger, embarrassment prevents my attempts these days. I love the Edinburgh accent, but glasweigian especially in women sounds so gutteral, like the scouse accent. I was married to a Weegie for 12 years so can usually understand it! Often it is the terms used rather than the accent which baffles me, and each part of the country has their own. ( VC, I can see friction burns on your finger tips from googling 'scouse' & 'Weegie !)

FBL woohoo! Spend spend spend! When we first arrived here I had no bank account so had to pay cash for everything. I think I got more strange looks for paying $100 cash for groceries than $1.39 on a card!

Off to New York for the weekend tomorrow, hubby's birthday. Woohoo! Lots to do between now and then, so may be posting erratically til I'm back Tuesday.

DG be well sweetie

See youse guys later, you are Wicked Awesome