View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LBrain

I was just about to go back to work.
Welcome GoldenBear. I have a fairway 3 wood with GoldenBear on it

I don't need to go into the ME TOO spiel. So let's just say your story is not unique. I am afraid the only answer for you is to give up drinking entirely. Say goodbye to your old pal alcohol. Do not fear what you will be like without it. At first you will be confused, frightened and doubting life. Learning to live without it takes some work and time. But first you have to stop. And after a period of time you will want to kick yourself for not stopping sooner - after you discover how great life really is.
See a doctor or therapist. Definitely seek medical help if you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms - they can be deadly depending on your history.
Read through this forum and you will find stories very similar to yours.
My immediate advice is go to AA meetings. Find one, they're almost everywhere. Don't worry about what they may think of you, I assure you there are people there who did much worse than you.
Study up on alcoholism and learn about methods to stop and STAY STOPPED.
If you can do it, check into to an alcohol rehab facility. It's a good place to start. And you can detox under supervision and be safe while getting an education on alcohol.
Welcome to the club.

Last edited by LBrain; 04-23-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: OCD