Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

Originally Posted by Blossom717 View Post
My ABF does the same thing! He will also wake me up if I'm asleep! Especially if I have something I'm looking forward to the next day or something important (a 10k, an exam, etc.). I didn't realize it can be intentional. I wish that type of abuse was easy to prove.
My ex did this as well. Kept me and the kids up until all hours or woke us in the middle of the night.
The technical term for this (I learned this when I was in Iraq. We were in the same building as the interrogators) is monstering. When you use sleep deprivation as an interrogation technique and the interrogator and the subject are both awake for the same cycle.
Of course he would always sleep the whole next day while I was going through the day like a zombie trying to take care of everything. Heaven forbid anything disturbed his beauty rest, he'd wake up raging and tear into us. So glad I'm away from that.
I lived with my mom for awhile after I left. It was hard, but worth it to get away from all the crap, and now I've got a place. Stick to your plan. You can do this.