View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SayAnything

Welcome, Casinva! And congrats on 60 days!

NT, sorry you have to start over, but glad you're back. The thing is, it takes incredible strength to pick yourself back up and choose to be here. You've got a lot of support on this board.

Thanks, TR, for thinking of me. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your ability to care so deeply for others. I'm trying to appreciate each day and all of the things I have to be thankful for, as well. I think I always want what I don't have and that's a problem. I have to realize that I am a valuable person and need to keep convincing myself of that. It is a daily process, but a little easier without the guilt and denial of alcohol clouding my mind and heart. Glad you didn't squish the frog - we have to be as gentle with ourselves, too.

Hobbies are sometimes hard for me to stick with. I'm still trying to knit, but don't want to do it all the time. I'm trying a hat that Hermione wore in Harry Potter. Not sure if I said that before here. My last one (and first attempt at a hat) came out huge! It would fit a bear. This one is looking better so far. It's harder now that my eyesight close up is starting to get worse. There were at least 2 articles about the Ukrainian eggs in our paper this last weekend. There was one artist from Ohio who made amazing ones! Keep practicing! Wish I could post a pic, but it's not working.

GF, I hope the time you have leads to more progress in your recovery. You are very inspiring and so encouraging to all of us here. I can see why you work with kids. I don't think I could do it. Although, I do help out at school and they are so stinkin' cute! I love it, but some of them are heartbreaking when you know their home life is really difficult.

DI, yay! Less than 3 weeks! It'll be here before you know it. I hope it goes smoothly for you. On to new adventures! I love what you said about your mom and just laughing off what she said. Once they are gone, you go back and remember those things and think "what was the big deal?" because I know my mom used to do things that drove me crazy (like wipe her finger along the mantel to check for dust!) It's nice you love and appreciate her for who she is while she is here with you. Sorry for being morbid and emotional. Holidays sometimes do that to me.

Jenny, I hope you're doing ok.

LS, hope you spoke to your dad and he was receptive. It's exciting to think about moving into a new place, but I hope worries about him don't damper it. You have to live your own life and can't make his choices for him. I think you realize that and that only makes you stronger in your own sobriety.

Dee, thanks for sharing and reminding me to be thankful for the things that I can do - for myself and others.

KUF, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Losing a parent is supposed to be expected in life, but nothing about it feels 'normal.' My mom was 66 and it's way too young. I will never understand, but I know she is not in pain anymore. I will be thinking of you and your family.

To everyone else, have a wonderful Tuesday. You are all in my thoughts!