View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
I had something like that happen to me a few weeks ago, and I posted about it in my thread here:

After that we decided to go away for the weekend with some friends, all sober activities and both had a great time.

My counselor, and family counselor were both proud of each of us for how we handled it, and the next week he did talk to his counselor about it, was honest like BF was

YOU DID GREAT((READERBABY)).

I dont really understand about the whole idea of needing to detach too much my counselors never told me to do it, but I try to be authentic in our relationship like I always was, and thankfully he gives back. Feels like a two way street or I guess it wouldnt work. If its like that with your BF, dont let it go !
He knows that drinking at home is a dealbreaker. This is to protect my sobriety. I didn't keep alcohol in my house before I met him and I won't, ever. He tends to shut down and close himself off when he's not feeling good. When we communicate though it's usually pretty good. He always talks about being a "team" and I'll admit I throw that in there when he's not acting like a team player. LOL I believe our relationship is worth the work, but if he has a full-blown drinking relapse I cannot go back to living with an active alcoholic. My mental health is just too precarious for that.

Thanks for your support everyone!