View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
biminiblue

hi.

Okay, intro. I joined the March 2014 thread. It seems everyone in there is beginning to drift away, either into the April 2014 thread, or offsite, or relapse or just not posting. Dee suggested I come here.

I'm having a sad day, don't want to go to a meeting, got invited out by an AA woman who makes me very uncomfortable and I don't know what to say to her that is honest and yet not hurtful, but shuts down the relationship in a way that is cordial enough to see each other in meetings. She is too controlling for me and told me she would be my sponsor, even though I didn't ask for that. I hadn't even mentioned sponsorship to anyone. We got together a couple times and I knew it wasn't a good fit, but like I said, don't know how to sidestep it, either. I just told her about tonight, "Thanks, but I have plans." It's true enough, I plan to clean the kitchen and litter box and watch TV.

Ugh. This is why I suck at friendships. Wait. It wasn't a friendship, it was a highjack. There, I feel better.