View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stung

Hmmm...my husband and I are separated (this pretty much only means that he lives elsewhere) and I don't have plans to divorce him but I also would not say that I'm staying. I'm really trying to embrace the one day at a time thing. He has 3 months of sobriety now, is doing AA daily, therapy 1-2 times a week, Soberlink several times a day for the foreseeable future (the results are monitored by his therapist), working steps with his sponsor. He's trying really hard at sobriety and he really does feel like a very different person. I like it but it takes some getting used to. It also makes it very clear how much of a jerk I can be when he doesn't reciprocate my jerkiness back at me.

I don't regret not moving forward with a divorce right now, but if he relapses I'll think about what the risk versus reward scenario looks like at that point. Right now, I'm a stay at home mom with a 2 year old and 9 month old. I have a comfortable savings and I recently started my own small business that is bringing in a very small amount if money but its better than nothing. I will say though, I'm VERY happy that we separated. I don't think either of us would be where we are now had we not gotten out of our comfortable dysfunction. We're in a much better place individually and as a married couple and most definitely as parents.