Thread: Break time.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bubovski

In a pm to me it was suggested "Unreal" and that I had fled the forum.
Elsewhere, publicly, I appear to have been depicted as a sore looser, who can't tolerate criticism. (I have not fled the forum; simply taking a rest.)

While there may some truth to this, (my impulsiveness) there are two sides to every story.Well may we use use CBT to criticize others, but surely what is good for the goose is good for the gander.....

Where others are criticized as responding incorrectly, being immature in their sobriety/ addiction, paranoid, whatever?, it follows that the person making these remarks is 'right', a factor that has not been established.In reality things usually are somewhere in between.

While unity in any objective is important (AA for example) so is some degree of personal autonomy, and the right to make personal considerations, which may or may not be paranoid. While how we assess things is personal : this does not mean we have to katow to all of the perspectives held by the other person....does it?

In AA I try to be a consensus person, for the sake of unity, but this is not always possible, or healthy in my opinion. On forums too, I endeavour to respect the views of others. However, when a slab of information seems directed towards me (my paranoia perhaps) I really feel the need to defend myself. I endeavour to respect, even admire the views of others, but not to the point of completely denigrating my own values whether fleeting or more lasting........