Thread: Lonely
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
biminiblue

"I wish someone knew me."

My friend, I so understand this and it made water come out of my eyes.

No worry, I do that a lot lately. Stoopid emotions.

I know someone who was a very good friend who is married and has two children at home. She has a brother and a sister and their four kids, her mom, an aunt and uncle and their kids, two sisters in law and their kids and she lives in a neighborhood that is one of those go-in-each-others'-houses and have weekends together type neighborhoods. From the outside you'd think she isn't lonely, but it is something she says on a regular basis, "I am so lonely."

I don't have any of those things and I have no family at all, and now no friend. Sometimes I want to scream I'm so lonely. It is my biggest albatross, by far.

I've been going to AA meetings and I hear it come up a couple times a week. I know we come in this world and go out alone, but I guess it's up to me to not spend the time alone here - alone. Wait. Does this mean I actually have to call someone? Ack. They are probably lonely too. Doesn't make reaching out any easier for me.

I think this is what brought me back to God, and why we have come up with the concept of God. It's a hole in our soul that is only filled by doing good for others. I need a lot of practice there, for sure.

Anyway, long way to say, "I feel you, man."