Old 04-15-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Anoronha

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
AH! reads like someone thinks they know whats better for another person.
The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success. On that basis we are almost always in collision with something or somebody, even though our motives are good.

What usually happens? The show doesn't come off very well.

So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making

This is the how and why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work

read more of the solution in the big book

follow through witht he steps and find out why this is bothering you
It doesn't have to do with her sobriety but mine. I feel this a one sided friendship because my friend only calls me for rides and when I make an effort to reach put to do friend things she never reciprocates. I think she doesn't mean to do that but I feel used. I don't mind giving her rides but I want to be friends also. My sponsor says i shouldn't be so quick to think she is using me. That I have been programmed to think that way. I could be wrong but I can't figure this out this has been really bothering me for some reason. I have prayed about meditated said a resentment prayer . My sponsor also told me I shouldn't say I would only give a newcomer a ride if they weren't using me. That I agree with. I feel like a selfish person right now and that is something I am working on.