Thread: Court Update
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

Redatlanta, we have been divorced for 5 years. The divorce decree stated that I would pay him alimony for five years. The payments (and child support) come directly from my paycheck, so I need an official new court order to cancel the alimony payments. Accordingly, I filed a motion in February (the day after my alimony obligations expired), and my ex-husband has requested numerous delays, which the judge has granted. Because the payments don't stop coming out of my paycheck until the judge actually rules on my motion and issues a new order, I am still paying him alimony even though my obligation is legally over. I owe him an arrearage from a period of time when I was unemployed, and I have requested that this alimony overpayment be applied to that arrearage.

Thank you all for the kind words. Someone on my prior thread reminded me that "I will be OK." It's such a simple thing, but I am SUCH an overthinker, overanalyzer, and I often miss the forest through the trees. No matter what my ex-husband tries to throw at me, no matter how many times I have to drive 50 miles down to court and back, I will be OK.