View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I don't think just good people are eaten up - all people can be. Depends on how much sh1t you allow someone to dump on you.

Name calling and the like doesn't work for me - I am so beyond that type of communication. There is only one person in my life that causes me stress currently and that is my business partner. I am working diligently to get rid of him.

Other than that I am relatively care free. I have cut loose several relationships in the past year, long time relationships. "Friends" lol, NOT. Like most codies I am a giver. For those who have exhausted my "giving" bank they are gone. I have gotten to where I can cut people off without giving it a second thought. I think this came about because of opening my business and dealing with two very, very sick parents at the same time. It just put things in perspective, and when I was giving it my all to take care of my parents and my business that people were still expecting me to give to them or to help them because they were in crisis (and not interested in my own). NO MORE!

Maybe you should take an inventory of the people in your life that cause you pain and GET RID OF THEM. Family members included - it doesn't have to be forever, but long enough for them to get that if they don't play nice and respectful you won't play at all.