View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Thanks for your post Carlos. I needed a dose of you. I'm sorry that the date with the trainer didn't work out, but kind of glad. You need a woman, not a "hard body." Real women have too much else going on to devote themselves to the cult of physical perfection. I hope you find someone.

I'm not doing particularly well, and my alcoholism is trying to sabotage me further. On top of a kind of mild bout of depression brought on no doubt by last week's stress and being alone which lead me to ruminate on the past, I now seem to be suffering from this allergy thing I've had, ever since I moved to the east coast. My way of getting allergies is not to cough or sneeze. Instead my face swells up & my eyes and airways swell shut. I'm supposed to have one of those pens for anaphylaxis but of course I don't because I'm an alcoholic. And tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment (not for the allergies) that I've all but convinced myself will go badly.

So I'm dwelling in the past, worrying about the future, and the present is a little bit sucky. I believe I can and will handle get through this day without a drink, but I'd be lying to you if I said I hadn't started to talk to myself about buying a pint.