View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

I am finally relaxing after a long, busy, draining week. I tend to blather on and on, but I have the abridged version to share about how I overcame a huge craving, TigerLili. I was sitting in my car, that wouldn't start, after a hockey meeting with folks who had been attacking my husband and I face to face and on social media. My nine year old was having an autistic meltdown in the back seat. I sat there, planning how I was going to buy, then drink, red wine. I was imagining the physical changes that happen after the first few drinks.....Then I remembered what I read on here on the subject of control, and I realized I had zero control over the things that were upsetting me, and I had to let my stress go. In my conscience I know I have behaved ethically and done the very best I can, and I let it go..... I didn't drink that night. I told myself that everything would be alright, just like I would tell my kids, and woke up to a fresh new day the next morning.

As I was reading everyone's posts it occurred to me that I was a lot wittier when I drank. I've always admired my sense of humor, although it is gallows and comes from a dark place. I've learned to be kind and gentle on myself in sobriety, and that I see it spilling into my interactions with people, which is a *good* thing, but feels unusual....

I miss being funny but enjoy my new lease on life. I'm seeing all the possibilities out there for me for the first time in a long while.

Have a great day, all!