Old 04-11-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DoubleBarrel

Originally Posted by Junegirl View Post
By the way, for those that say these are useless threads or it's time to move on, I find that offensive. If you don't find them useful that's fine, but please don't discourage others with your negative comments. I see a lot of threads that I don't find particularly useful to me but I would never be so disrespectful as to post that, in case others feel differently and are made to feel dumb for starting that thread or wanting to post to a thread that someone else is downing. A lot of us are still figuring out our sobriety and feel sensitive about these things, small as they may be.

June
You are, and if you'll notice, it always seems those newer to sobriety who have an interest in war stories.

When you are around a while longer, which I sincerely hope for everyone here, you will see why this is not a good path to go down.

We are calling it how we see it, because we have learned what works and doesn't work.

You might be sensitive to these so called negative comments, but it's not intended to hurt you. And in this instance, you are getting offended on behalf of another person, which, quite frankly, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If the original poster asked why I saw no benefit to these threads, I'd clearly explain.

As I did in a later post, by the way. For some of us, peeing a bed is literally the least of our troubles. Embarrassing yes, but it goes WAY deeper for some of us.

Hurting people physically, going to jail, seeing deaths of friends and strangers, not so fun to discuss.

Understanding the true depth of our addiction is not a lark, not a fun story, and not an amusing anecdote, it is wrought with pain and agony of the worst kind.

What did you do when you were drunk? Oh I killed my best friend, lol!

See what I mean?