View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Toots, I enjoyed reading your post, too. Thanks.

Got me thinking about the drivers for me in the early days of sobriety this time around. I wrote an email to my close friends that first day. I know that they to the person didn't know what to do to help me, and had talked among themselves about how they expected to be attending my funeral by the end of last year. I decided some months back to not revisit that confession of sorts until I turn one year clean and sober.

For sure, for me it was a matter of life or death. It is amazing to me how I am aware that some of that fear of has left me. It's scary to me that I can forget that fatal reality from time to time.

It has been important to me over these past ten months to focus on the good things that can happen if I don't pick up. While those things are happening, I can never forget that this disease wants me dead, and has come so very close to accomplishing that task on many occasions. Someone from the 24 hour club on SR lost a family member just last week and they had been married only two and a half months ago.

To end on a brighter note, it was a picture perfect golf day today. Couple that with a couple hours of watching the Masters while doing some chores around the house prior to my meeting and it equals a pretty good day so far.

Well, time to return to my household chores. DG is always watching .

Keep it alcohol and drug free, Undies, okay?

Carlos xx