Thread: a little lost
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tjol81

Hey all. So its been a week since my "friend" told me to eff off as I was the cause of his drinking, and now the initial hurt has subsided I'm feeling a lot better. Confused but better. I finally bought and have read Codependent No More by Melody Beattie, and it's been a revelation. The main thing I've realised is how angry I am! I never even saw it before. very hurt and very angry in fact! How could I not be really. I've finally found an Al Anon group and am going along tomorrow night to see how it is and I've been honest and upfront with my friends about what's been going on.

My only real concern is that my "friend" said he'd contact me after his 90 days. I don't know what to do. Do I accept him back and try to carry on, or do I cut off all ties and try to carry on? I'm worried that there have been too many extreme and damaging moments in the past and don't know if I want to risk it again. If he gets himself clean, I'm now thinking that that'll be enough for me without having him around.

All that aside though, he's unwittingly given me 90 days to get my own head straight and that's exactly what I plan on doing despite the lingering threat of him contacting me!