View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MesaMan

'The Rinse'

It took me about 5 days to get through what I call 'The Rinse'. That's my subjective term for when I finally didn't feel lousy, and had 'rinsed' much of the continuous, 24/7 Alcohol out of my System. Doing a 'Handle' of Vodka or Whisky - 1.75 L every 2 or 3 days for months-long stretches - takes a while to purge; even partially.

For me, there was a marked change of feeling after Day 5, although there were subsequent levels of continuous improvement. After Day 5, I felt as if I'd muscled through the Nerve-endings 'grind' of absolutely needing a gulp to quench that awful craving that hits on what seems to be the Molecular Level.

I did Cold Turkey at Home. I was due for my 2nd, 5 year Concealed Weapons Carry License [as a Private Citizen] and didn't want the possibility of a truthful answer to a Detox Admission to jeopardize that Permit being granted [it was]. I'm Early Retired. My Career did not involve Weapons. Money + Free Time lets an Addict hit it really hard on the imagined QT.

If I were the brightest Bulb in the Chandelier, I would not have engaged in long-term Behaviors that cause me to be on this Forum daily.

It'll get better for you. Keep the faith.