Notices

Sorry I post so much....

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sorry I post so much....

I just have so many questions as this is a new and scary process for me. Thr only person who knows about my sobriety is my husband and is ridiculously supportive. I am lucky to have him. Anyways, he has no experience with this so this is why I turn to you all. I apologize in advance if my posts become annoying.
Today, day 3, I am feeling extreme fatique and disconnect. Like I know I have to fold laundry but the there is a disonnect of me completing the task ( if that makes sense). I forced myself to the gym yesterday and felt better but today it seems like a struggle to even eat. Is this normal withdrawal symptoms and typically how long does it last?
Again, thank you everyone. I have no one to turn to as I have deactivated my facebook account due to the fact that all my friends still drink a ridiculous amount and its hard for me ro read about their drunken nights right now. Thank you all for being my "friends" right now.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Post as much as you want! We all come on to post and read posts so the more the better.

I think you'll probable feel much better in a week or two.

Congrats on 3 days

cheers
G
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can post as much as you want!

Give yourself time, your brain is adjusting it's chemicals. You are 100% natural, so your brain is all confused.

Great job BTW!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
I just have so many questions as this is a new and scary process for me. Thr only person who knows about my sobriety is my husband and is ridiculously supportive. I am lucky to have him. Anyways, he has no experience with this so this is why I turn to you all. I apologize in advance if my posts become annoying.
Today, day 3, I am feeling extreme fatique and disconnect. Like I know I have to fold laundry but the there is a disonnect of me completing the task ( if that makes sense). I forced myself to the gym yesterday and felt better but today it seems like a struggle to even eat. Is this normal withdrawal symptoms and typically how long does it last?
Again, thank you everyone. I have no one to turn to as I have deactivated my facebook account due to the fact that all my friends still drink a ridiculous amount and its hard for me ro read about their drunken nights right now. Thank you all for being my "friends" right now.
This is a forum isn't it? That's the purpose.. to post. I find working out helps a lot in sobriety.. gives you that 'feel good' feeling, ya know?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Have you seen Dee74's post count?

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Post away. Just keep it up with your quest for sobriety. That's what it's about.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it sounds pretty normal.

What helped me was to make a list of things to do, and to cross off two or three things each day, so I would feel that I was accomplishing something. And, good for you for getting away from facebook.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for understanding. My husband just came home and I am now laying bed while my kids are downstairs. I feel guilty not being down there with them. I feel like a bad mom and that I have let them down. I now have a huge urge to buy a box of wine and watch my favourite sitcoms and zone out.
Going to gym is clearly not going to happen tonight and that also makes me feel guilty because I am training for a fitness competition in October.. . The more guilt I feel the more I want to drink and eat..... I can never get passed 3 days.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep posting, Serenity; we would love to see you get past 3 days and so many more.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am starting to feel severe anxiety as I know the liquor store closes in 1 hour and 30 minutes.... I am starting to feel panicy....gah!!!! Hope I can make it.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just stay where you are and keep posting. Play the tape forward to how you will feel tomorrow if you drink today.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You can do it, Serenity. :-)
Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah that sounds like me about a week ago. The fatigue is a lot less now though and I'm feeling pretty good. Stick with it and get plenty of rest.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

'The Rinse'

It took me about 5 days to get through what I call 'The Rinse'. That's my subjective term for when I finally didn't feel lousy, and had 'rinsed' much of the continuous, 24/7 Alcohol out of my System. Doing a 'Handle' of Vodka or Whisky - 1.75 L every 2 or 3 days for months-long stretches - takes a while to purge; even partially.

For me, there was a marked change of feeling after Day 5, although there were subsequent levels of continuous improvement. After Day 5, I felt as if I'd muscled through the Nerve-endings 'grind' of absolutely needing a gulp to quench that awful craving that hits on what seems to be the Molecular Level.

I did Cold Turkey at Home. I was due for my 2nd, 5 year Concealed Weapons Carry License [as a Private Citizen] and didn't want the possibility of a truthful answer to a Detox Admission to jeopardize that Permit being granted [it was]. I'm Early Retired. My Career did not involve Weapons. Money + Free Time lets an Addict hit it really hard on the imagined QT.

If I were the brightest Bulb in the Chandelier, I would not have engaged in long-term Behaviors that cause me to be on this Forum daily.

It'll get better for you. Keep the faith.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I made it!! Mind you, I stayed in bed until 6:00pm when the liquor store closed so I wouldn't go but I still made it. I have passed the 3 day hump I have never been able to pass!!! Thank you all for being encouraging and helpful!! However, I am now in a guilt trip of my own where I am sitting my room, alone, while my babies sleep and my husband is off to the gym, listening to Matchbox 20's Unwell and wondering how did I let this happen to myself? How did I let myself slip into this? Could it have been the fact that I was introduced to beer at the age of 4 by my father? Or the fact that I was the only child, my mother said in her exact words, "we don't have to worry about.".....or being a naieve teenager in an abusive relationship for 4 years? I have no idea but I am sure that I will find out why in the next few weeks.
Regardless, thank you all.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Awesome Serenity, Just one more day in the books. Keep it up. You will have plenty of time to figure things out. For now, just keep making it through these tough days.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good going, Serenity. A huge part of getting sober is addressing the underlying reasons why we drink.

We are here for you; one day at a time and with as many posts as you need.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats to day 3 and post away!!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it Serenity - post away

D
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sobriety has to be your priority now, no guilt, no laundry, stay in bed, whatever it takes. Do the things that absolutely have to get done and don't worry about the rest. Once you are sober awhile you can begin to take on the world again , but for now, in the early stages, it's too damn hard. Protect your sobriety first and everything will get better.