View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Hi Chrissie,
Welcome back. Unlike rehab and sober houses AA and SR will not kick you out if you stumble but we will tell you instead to keep coming back.
A girlfriend of mine back East had gotten kicked out of rehab and also from her sober housing. She ended up going to NA and after a few "slips" (I hate this word LOL) she managed to get clean and has been clean for close to a decade. Her drug was heroin and she had no family support so if she could do it, so can you
This is not hopeless and I am also sure you learned some things in treatment.
It's good that you are planning to hit a meeting Friday in Seattle but here are my suggestions:

a) Find a meeting close to where you live right now (at your mom's) and make it your home group. Try to arrive early, talk to the ladies there and be completely honest about what is going on. Ask the ladies for their phone numbers. This will give you a support system in the physical world. Start working the steps restarting at step 1. There is a big difference between going to AA and working the program.

b) Read about AVRT so you can recognize that nasty little voice which talked you into picking up while in treatment and got you kicked out of sober housing. Ignore the negativity about other programs but check out the techniques. Some good stuff there.

c) Join us at the 24 hours club where we commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours. Before you know it, those days add up http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4575296
Check in and read on SR everyday and make use of the chatroom. Some very nice supportive people there and Opivotal who moderates it is a sweetheart.

and the most important thing: Don't give up on yourself.

You can do it!