View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by openmind121 View Post
I have said the same thing a hundred different ways to get him to get sober.
I think we all understand this. I think we've all done the same thing. I know I surely have. It just seems so clear--alcohol is ruining everything that matters, and so the drinking needs to stop! How could there even be any question about it? And so we think, well, I guess I just didn't make it clear enough, I guess I didn't say it in a way that he can understand, I guess he doesn't think I'm serious...I just need to try again and THIS time the message will get thru and he'll stop and life will be perfect.

And that worked so well for me....NOT!

They are looking at things thru their "alcohol goggles" and everything we say pretty much sounds to them like Charlie Brown's teacher in those TV shows.

So this is the part where the partner/spouse/friend of the A needs to take care of him/herself and turn the A over to whatever higher power they believe in, be it God, the Universe, whatever. Our hands are simply not big enough to hold the A and change their life.

Hoping your day today is better and that you find some peace and clarity somewhere in it.