View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
LBrain

Originally Posted by Nate1985 View Post
At the moment, waking up and spending 6am to 7am outside in a chair listening to birds makes me content for two reasons. One, it's peaceful considering most of the neighborhood is still asleep. Two, it's knowing that in the past I wouldn't have ever considered being up at 6 unless it was pulling an all nighter and heading to bed.

That and listening to music, and not just death metal. Nox Arcana, Two Steps from Hell, just music in general. Normally it was a reason to have shots (to certain lyrics in certain songs), and now it's just to relax and get back to practicing guitar and drums. I didn't realize how bad I had gotten at both, since I normally only touched them when I was wasted and thought I was a rockstar.

If I had a beach or even a nearby body of water besides Lake Puddle (Mead), I'd probably enjoy time at the beach too.
This is for NATE or anyone else who gets to the Vegas area.
EVOLUTION EXPEDITIONS, Black Canyon Kayak trip - full day, starts off at base of Hoover Dam in a hot spring cave to do some meditation ceremony, than a quick jump in 50 deg water. then paddle about 12 miles below the dam. One of the best trips ever! Use this company, the make a lot of stops the others don't, soaking in hot springs and cliff diving into the river. WAY COOL.
If you go, tell them the guy from PA who loves to fish sent you.
Their new web site is under construction but there is a phone number.
This is for almost all able bodied people. Young and old.