View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

Newstar- focus on the negative aspects of drinking. Like Dolly said, play the tape through. Think about how you'll feel in the morning. You've come so far and you're doing so well. If you can get through this just think of how proud of yourself you'll be and how much stronger you'll be. If you feel the urge maybe you can even hop on here and go to the chatroom or type up a storm on this forum until it passes. Because it will pass. The urges always pass. But by giving in you'll just make it harder on yourself. Believe me.
Bebetter, I definitely think alcoholism is related to hormones. In fact, just last week I was on my period and I had very strong urges. AND the last time I drank I was also on my period. In fact, I sometimes wonder if my cravings actually got worse when I got pregnant. I know that many women are able to abstain from alcohol during their pregnancy, but I don't think hormones affect each woman the exact same way. When I had to go to an outpatient rehab I remember a doctor telling me that I was in more danger of relapse because I was pregnant. He said that pregnant women tend to seek comfort. My mother was also concerned that I had a hormonal imbalance because she said I wasn't my self.