Thread: a little lost
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tjol81

a little lost

I've been through a lot with my alcoholic friend. From abusive phone calls to picture message of him with ketchup sprayed up his arm pretending his slashed his wrists to threats of violence and everything in between. He's done a good job on destroying me. For the past week he's been ignoring me and I've just found out he's been told to stop all contact with people that upset him or might cause a relapse. That is fair enough but I've been through this situation with him before. My main problem is that he didn't tell me about the "no contact" thing he had planned, so when I did finally get hold of him, he told me that he " would call me in 90 days and if I attempt to contact him in any way, he'll come to my place of work [and do me in]" . I have been treated like total cr*p by him for a whole year and he's blaming his 7 year addiction on me and telling people I'm to blame! I just don't know how I should be feeling. On the one hand, I will keep away for 90 days if it means he'll finally get better, and on the other hand, he has been so physically and mentally abusive that I don't want anything more to do with him. I am hurt that he just cut me off without a word and then threatens me when I ask why. I am hurt that I am being blamed for how he is. He had 23 relapses in one year and he's pinning most of them on me despite the fact I was usually at work etc...

All I'm wondering is, after having my trust and friendship systematically destroyed time after time, being threatened with knives, being used and abused in the vilest ways, should I be trying to muster up support for him, or should I just use this time to get away from him for good? I really am so lost about how to act.