View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

Addicts are smart. If they tell you they are in recovery we are suppose to give them time love and support... HOWEVER!!!!!
I can't tell you how many times my husband has told me he's in recovery and its BS. All the way up to mandatory inpatient rehab through probation. He tried to tell me it was for taking a hit off a joint. This was during my denial phase... and NOT wanting to know. He was a total LIAR. The truth came out and I wasn't angry at him. I was angry at myself... I was happy he was going into a 30 day inpatient.. and things stayed good for about 6 months after he got out.... but then he relapsed again and ... went on with the ... I can't help myself...crap.
It is a cycle. Only I choose to still stay in it... because this time it's 14 month in patient. I choose this.. but my choice isn't for everyone. It may not even be my choice in a few years... but I go day by day.
That's all we can do... is make the best of what we have and change ourselves. So we don't feed the monster anymore.