View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lovenjoy
happy, joyous an free!

Hey AnvilheadII - I have to thank you as you are currently my addiction education guru!!! Getting more informed on addiction has really helped me with acceptance of RAS's struggles. An added personal benefit is I am a grateful recovering alcoholic and find a drug is a drug is a drug so the information is helpful to us both. And your honest, down to earth sharing is truly appreciated.

Yet another informative post from SR which is being added to my personal addiction library at home. My son and I were discussing the phenomena of which you speak and he made me laugh. In his IOP they called this PMS!!! Pre Medallion Syndrome. Really funny to me considering a few of the ha ha moments in the thread!

What RAS did not know was the whole coma research part which I think brought it to a deeper understanding - much of it was new to him actually. I think in early recovery he was bombarded with so much that it maybe takes having clean time to process the information? I am really enjoying some of the discussions him and I have gotten into from my time on SR. It is a way healthier communication than we have ever had in this arena of addiction.

Recovery really does look like recovery, for both of us.