View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

Hi ladies,
GT congratulations on day 4!
Babs have fun on your trip! I know what you mean about random triggers. Unfortunatly I've found that one of my triggers is my car. Lots of driving to and from places to get wine in that thing lol.
I'm feeling good today. I had a great day yesterday. Urges are finally starting to subside. Baby is finally feeling better and in a better mood. I did a big workout yesterday and I also went to the mall and bought some things to reward myself for the weight I've lost and for staying sober through those stinkin' urges last week. It felt good as I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time. I haven't been shopping for clothes since I was 6 months pregnant and I'm still wearing some of my maternity shirts.
I wanted to share one thing that helped me through those urges last week when they got really bad. I read in my SMART recovery that if you give in when your urges are really bad like that you're telling yourself that if things get rough you can always give in to alcohol even if it's just occasionally. Therefore, you're still dependent on alcohol. They call it the "PIG" or "Problem of Instant Gratification". It can also make the urges stronger and more frequent. So if you can get through those tough times you're really doing yourself a huge favor in sobriety. Here is a link if you're interested: Navigating The Road To Recovery | SMART RecoveryŽ