Thread: Cravings
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

the good news is it gets easier. I tried to occupy myself with jsut about anything. I also climbed the walls and wanted a drink so stinken bad sometimes too but i didnt give in. Early on i'd have a cup of tea to relax. Oh yes i know it was far from 15 beers but the act of prepareing it etc.. helped. I tried every supplement in the book some helped some didnt but going throught hat little process also kept me occupied. I read books about it some helped some didnt but again it kept me busy.

So while somes tuff works and some stuff doesnt sometimes its just tryen anything that ends up just keeping you busy and not drinking that helps too.

the regular cravings get easier then theres the other kind like the situational stuff. I had a bad day i'm haven a drink!! that sorta thing. I started to realize I could come up with any kind of situational reason. I realized it was just excuses. I never had a good reason to drink. I started to realize that me and booze just didnt play very nicely togethr in the sand box and that I needed to accept that and move forward. Then it started getting easier. Tho I still have cravings now and then at almost 3 years.