View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
sissy4444

Good morning to all the ladies and welcome to kimsfriend and turtle! I have received such tremendous support and comfort here with all these lovely mommies and I hope u find the same.
I am a 46yr old mother of four and a happily married stay at home mom... I am also an alcoholic binge drinker. I have just shy of 2 months today and had maintained two prior periods of sobriety... Once for 7 months and again for 4 months .... Both times convincing myself that I could moderate after abstaining for periods of time ....(the fool that I am).... Well that hasn't worked out so well for me... I REALLY liked my wine and had myself convinced I was ok because I never drank outside the home and never had a DUI.. Etc... But the truth is I was getting sh$t faced almost every weekend... Starting with beers around 4pm on Friday and drinking straight thru a lot of weekends... My bottom was drinking so much that I seriously became unconscious and would not come to and my husband and housekeeper had to call 911... My blood pressure had dropped quite low and I guess I just fell out! I woke up to find paramedics standing over me and was horrified. I can not drink normally ... I just can't .. It's that simple.. To continue to drink will probably my result in my death so I choose to live. Every day I am relearning how to live my life on life's terms SOBER and feel happier, healthier and stronger than I have in a very long time I am watching my triggers... Praying several times daily and talking to my sponsor daily and catching an AA meeting every now and again. Congrats on finding your way here and very happy to have some "new faces" in this wonderful group!!!

Hugs to all the mommies... I have read each and every post and would like to respond to each personally but unfortunately can't this morning ... So happy to hear of everyone who is doing well and continuing on our path of regrouping our lives!!!