View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
L0stH0pe

Blue.. ive just checked and we have SMART in the UK!! ive signed up to the website but to my surprise, i also found that we have a local meeting on a Saturday afternoon.. sooo much more doable for me than the AA meeting! Having had a quick look, that is much better approach for ME (personally only.. not speaking for others who like AA)

Although, reading through their main information it isnt really for the families/supporters of addicts but im at desperation point and science is always a word that suckers me in.

@Chino... Blue had me right on the money, i was talking about MY MOTHER IN LAW.. not you, not anyone else here. My MIL unfortunately is a stupid cow, she is an enabler who will NOT EVER let go of her two little boys (who are both 40+), she treats them like children and will not, under any circumstance, be told that she is hindering and NOT helping with AH's recovery. Yet, she moans constantly that she has BIL back living with her, because HIS wife couldnt and wouldnt put up with him and paranoia and continued use of drugs/alcohol any longer. She did NOT like it when I refused to have AH back in February and the emotional blackmail she put on me to cave and have him back here was bordering on abuse. She couldnt cope with him, but im expected to... not once has that woman recognized that i am actually trying my best with HER son, not once has she acknowledged that what HER son did to me and my children was wrong, wrong,wrong.. even when he beat on me (knowing that i had left a previously severely abusive relationship), she just said "oh well it wasnt really HIM, it was the drugs". Yes, it was the drugs, but that just made me MORE wary every time he was high, drunk or else under the influence. So, i very much doubt that you have anything in common with this woman.