Thread: Meditation?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Talked a little bit about this at Alanon this week.

But yunno Step 11 specifically calls for us to Meditate? I am still way down in the single digits on my Step Program, but I like the "lite" applications I have done regarding Step 11, already, and was wondering -- since I am (sort of like you?) a "study" or "observe" person rather than Mediation, per se -- how to go about that?

So folks can follow what I am mumbling about, here is Step 11.

====================

Step 11 : "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

=====================

What I have/had found myself lately doing is thinking (too much) about Mrs. Hammer, and the crap she pulls on me and the family. Since she leads the pack on my Step 4 Resentment List, that has been idling on the Spare Sectors of my mind.

So.

I did some "rewiring." Every time I find myself thinking about Mrs. Hammer's crap for the past couple of weeks -- I instead think or (sort of) Meditate on God.

And THAT has put me much closer to God, and much further away from Mrs. Hammer's crap.

Nice substitution, I have to say. Remember -- ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD . . . (You know the rest . . . ).

Just had my daughter explaining that (FOR THOSE WHO LOVE GOOD) back to me on the way home from Ice Skating today . . .