Thread: is this wrong?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

is this wrong?

As most of you know I'm quitting my job and am almost done. BF and I worked out finances so I can take some time off and focus on my freelancing. I do plan to get some kind of mindless part-time job, but not for a month or two. Today I told him, "on April 11th I'd like you to start giving me $xxx (amount we agreed upon), and I'd like it every Friday, the whole amount that day. I don't want to have to ask you over and over again because it makes me feel weird."

Maybe I didn't say it in the best way, but I wanted to make it clear what I expect and when. He got irritated with me and told me to stop worrying and that everything would be fine. I do realize that I am projecting my own fears about not having money, but I also wanted to hash out exactly what we agreed upon.

I hate dealing with money, especially with loved ones. I just don't want to hear "I'll give you the rest tomorrow," and have to keep asking every week. I know he'll get over it and I need to be clear about these things, but now I feel bad. Did I handle it poorly? How else could I have said it?