Thread: Meditation?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Great ideas! Thanks all for sharing! Love the candle idea. So you don't look at it, but close your eyes and smell it?
Yes, you just close your eyes and concentrate on the smell. That is why I was okay spending extra money on candles that smelled nice (not the fake candle smell) and smells that reminded me of good things. Fresh grass and bamboo remind me of camping and being out in nature. I have another one that kind of perks me up when I need it, it is a woody, musky one.

The whole idea is to clear your mind of all garbage or things you don't want to think about for that time frame. I found it helped a lot when I was craving and it also helps when I am feeling stressed out or just need a break from life.

I am not the type that goes for this mediation, yoga stuff, but when I quit drinking last time I was willing to try anything. I was surprised this worked, but it really did. I think because it was simple and I didn't have to make it complicated hahahaha.

Edited to add please do not lay on the floor and do this, you don't want to fall asleep with a candle burning .