Thread: Interesting
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snood

Interesting

As my wife's alcoholism grinds along, an incident that helped to reinforce my thinking took place.

I chauffeured wife and friend (a fellow carer who also has a poorly offspring) the the area's poshest and most expensive (read pretentious) restaurant. They'd booked lunch.

I went elsewhere and picked them up after about two hours. During the drive back, wifey (clearly well-lubricated) said to friend that she'd decided not to do the food shopping as planned.

Friend said, "It's just as well you're not going to Asda (supermarket) after all that wine". I had a little, silent cheer to myself - the issue was obviously clear to someone else.

Naturally, wifey started again once we got home. Then again, she's had nearly two and a half pints of fizzy this evening, over five hours or so. When I came home at 10pm, she was flat out in bed.

I also had a chance to book a place at the rifle club annual dinner. I made an excuse. Wifey would want to go and I feel she'd embarrass me. At the very least, she'd start criticizing my shooting friends on the way home.